Friday, June 1, 2012

Cross Training Pays Off

Who knew I know so much? That isn't an ego statement. I answered the phone today because our secretary was off. A caller asked about our services and I was able to list and describe them. I did this not only for where I work, but for another nonprofit as well. It turns out cross training staff in different departments and having full staff meetings really can pay off.

What does this have to do with my next career? I was marketing our company's services while making sure I was pleasant, informed and came off as an authority. The caller complimented and thanked me. You see, I didn't have to spend 25 minutes explaining services, explaining services on another company's website. But, I did so she could make an informed decision. For that brief time, I was the voice of the company and I wanted to make sure she had the best impression possible. What do you do to make a good first impression? Should I become a customer service representative?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment