Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Feeling Kinda Crafty-Rediscovering My Creative Side

I don't know what happened, but a few months ago I started feeling crafty again. As a child I took cartooning and other art classes after school through my city's community recreation and education department. As I got older, I stopped taking the time to create. Well...after I stopped teaching anyway. Now, the urge is back. My first couple of attempts were ok. I made a few cloth bags, a cloth pencil holder, and a few bracelets. I also made tons of jewelry. Now, I'm challenging myself. I just finished making a bracelet thanks to craftsy and I'm pretty darn proud of myself. I purchased the hand dyed thread, but know I'll be learning to dothat one day too. I also learned how to peyote stitch beads. Hardest thing for me so far. It just didn't make sense at first.

Now look:

 

 

I'm getting better at it. One day my photography skills will improve too! What's something you used to do for fun and rediscovered or wish you could rediscover?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment